Who we are:
Berkshire Associates is a human resource consulting and technology firm that specializes in helping companies build their ideal, balanced workforce. We are a recognized leader in Affirmative Action consulting, with additional initiatives in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Compensation Services, Applicant Tracking, and Training. Today, these innovative HR solutions have propelled us into position among the most sought-after providers in the industry.
We built Berkshire on service. Service to our employees, service to our community, and service to our customers. We are family owned. Our employees, management, and ownership are in this business to make a difference, not only in the lives of our employees and their families, but to help our customers ensure that they are instituting best practices in employment and compliance. Berkshire offers a supportive work environment with fantastic benefits, along with remote work options. Berkshire makes a difference!
The Human Resources Consultant completes Affirmative Action Plans and related reports for employers of all sizes. Individuals in this position provide expert Affirmative Action consulting to clients including audit support consulting as needed. Incumbents are a company resource on Affirmative Action principles and regulations, and facilitate Berkshire public, non-public and online training courses.
- Completes multiple client contracts to create Affirmative Action Plans, EEO-1 reports, VETS-4212 reports, OFCCP conciliation reporting, adverse impact analyses, and balancePAY analyses for employers of up to 50 plans, within defined profitability and quality measures and with a customer service focus.
- Onboards new clients of varying complexity to describe data requirements, compliance requirements and the AAP development process.
- Provides expert consulting and advice on Affirmative Action concepts, plan and job group structures, compliance requirements, the AAP development process, and AAP results and implementation through day-to-day communications, plan review meetings, and virtual audit support.
- Prepares audit Affirmative Action Plans with guidance from Managing Consultant and/or Audit Advisor.
- Builds enduring client relationships, providing affirmative action and general human resources guidance, and unique customer-focused solutions that incorporate business needs, as well as identifying cross-sell opportunities and discussing products and services to meet those needs.
- Performs peer level quality reviews of completed Affirmative Action Plans to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Directs the work of and provides coaching and feedback to Associate HR Consultants on a project basis.
- Facilitates balanceAAP software training and/or Fundamentals of Affirmative Action Planning training.
- Leads and/or serves as a project team member for large consulting projects with more than 50 plans.
- Writes industry-related blogs and partners to facilitate webinars.
- Attends periodic meetings for industry-related organizations, including but not limited to: MAAAO, regional human resources societies, and industry liaison groups.
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge through participation in professional development activities including seminars, professional magazine subscriptions, etc., and effectively communicates appropriate regulation changes and their implications to affected clients.
- Generates and maintains documentation of work progress and other information, utilizing internal account and project management tools as appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Working knowledge of affirmative action principles and regulations required.
- Working knowledge of balanceAAP or similar AAP software preferred.
- Working knowledge of human resources concepts and federal and state employment laws required.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment required.
- Strong organization and project management skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Facilitation and group presentation skills required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision required
- Ability to communicate with tact and discretion required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, required.
- Ability to perform algebraic and statistical calculations required.
Working knowledge of balance or similar AAP software preferred.
- 5 years of human resources experience required. At least two years working knowledge of affirmative action principles and regulations required.
- Up to 10% travel required.
- Organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent relevant work experience may be substituted for each year of education required.
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Salary: $76,500 - $85,000 a year.
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Credit and Identity Monitoring
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.