Who we are:
Berkshire Associates is a human resource consulting and technology firm that specializes in helping companies build their ideal, balanced workforce. We are a recognized leader in Affirmative Action consulting, with additional initiatives in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Compensation Services, Applicant Tracking, and Training. Today, these innovative HR solutions have propelled us into position among the most sought-after providers in the industry.
We built Berkshire on service. Service to our employees, service to our community, and service to our customers. We are family owned. Our employees, management, and ownership are in this business to make a difference, not only in the lives of our employees and their families, but to help our customers ensure that they are instituting best practices in employment and compliance. Berkshire offers a supportive work environment with fantastic benefits, along with remote work options. Berkshire makes a difference!
A quick snapshot about the position:
The Account Executive manages a portfolio of assigned client accounts that have previously purchased products and/or services from Berkshire. The Account Executive is responsible for securing and expanding our business relationship with each account within their portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to generating repeat business, cross-selling and up-selling additional and new products and services based on client needs.The role may also include business development and new sales opportunities.
- Manages a portfolio of client accounts within assigned territory that have previously purchased products and/or services from Berkshire.
- Develops activity plans to engage and steward clients towards annual renewal of services.
- Communicates with all assigned clients regularly via phone and email to develop and maintain business relationship, assess their current business condition, uncover needs and provide befitting product and/or service solutions. On occasion will visit clients on-site.
- Achieves sales revenue goals from assigned accounts through new and repeat business, cross-selling and up-selling.
- Responds to new business sales leads if required.
- Crafts proposals and leads sales presentations to clients via the web or in-person meetings.
- Develops the knowledge and skills to demonstrate and professionally explain the value of Berkshire products and services, including SaaS solutions.
- Maintains and updates detailed summaries of client contact, feedback, correspondence, and proposals within our Customer Relationship Management software (CRM).
- Secures referrals from existing accounts for other business opportunities.
- Represents Berkshire at tradeshows, conferences, and other public/industry events.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software required; experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Internet Explorer required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent phone etiquette required.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills required.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service required.
- Demonstrated commitment to consultative selling required.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to selling required.
- Ability to communicate with tact and discretion required.
- Ability to work under limited supervision required.
- Ability to negotiate on the company’s behalf required.
- Casual knowledge of basic human resources principles and regulations preferred.
- Sales experience within the professional services industry preferred.
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, human resources or closely related field, or equivalent experience, required. 5 years of relevant work experiences may substitute for education requirement.
- 5 years of sales or related experience required, sales experience within the professional services industry preferred.
- Experience in a consultative selling environment required.
- Up to 10% travel required.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially as a writer
- Solid negotiation skills
- Organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Care)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, immediate vesting
- Paid Time Off
- Credit and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000 plus incentive commission plan.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.