The Software Development Intern assists the software development team in the development, modification, and maintenance of Berkshire’s proprietary internal and commercial web-based software products.
- Programs assigned minor modules for new proprietary internal and commercial web based applications as well as service releases for current products, within defined quality and efficiency measures.
- Assists other software developers with the programming of larger modules for new proprietary internal and commercial applications as well as service releases for current applications.
- Monitors the bug reporting application for reported issues with assigned modules and works with other software developers to repair or enhance the modules as appropriate.
- Creates and executes unit tests on completed modules
- Generates appropriate documentation related to completed programmed modules.
- Contributes to product documentation for Berkshire’s commercial applications as well as comments code as appropriate.
- Answers internal questions regarding product development activities and software capabilities.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Working knowledge of C# and Visual Studio.NET required.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows platform and Microsoft Office required.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, and IIS preferred.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC preferred
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Organization skills required.
- Problem solving skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, required.
Experience in software and/or web application design or development preferred
Candidate for Bachelor’s degree in a software or development related field of study required.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.