Berkshire Associates is a human resources consulting and technology firm that specializes in helping companies build their ideal, balanced workforce. We have an immediate opening for an Associate Software Developer with 1 to 3 years of software and/or web
application design or development experience. The Associate Software Developer contributes to the design, development, modification, and maintenance of Berkshire’s proprietary internal and commercial Windows and web-based software products. Berkshire Associates
provides an excellent benefits package and offers a supportive work environment that includes a casual dress code every day; a sincere commitment to volunteering in the local community and a "work hard - play hard" culture.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programs assigned minor modules for new proprietary internal and commercial web based applications as well as service releases for current products, within defined quality and efficiency measures.
- Assists other software developers with the programming of larger modules for new proprietary internal and commercial applications as well as service releases for current applications.
- Monitors the bug reporting application for reported issues with assigned modules and works with other software developers to repair or enhance the modules as appropriate.
- Participates in the design and quality assurance processes as appropriate.
- Assists in the deployment of new and updated internal and commercial web based applications as appropriate.
- Creates and executes unit tests on completed modules as well as participates in peer reviews on completed modules.
- Generates appropriate documentation related to completed programmed modules.
- Contributes to product documentation for Berkshire’s commercial applications as well as comments code as appropriate.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers internal questions regarding product development activities and software capabilities.
- Develops and maintains industry and technology knowledge by participating in professional development activities, applying acquired information to software products as appropriate.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Thorough knowledge of C# and Visual Studio.NET required.
- Working knowledge of VB.NET, Team Foundation Server, XML, SQL Server, and IIS required.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows platform and Microsoft Office required.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC required
- Must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Organization skills required.
- Problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work under limited supervision required.
- Ability to communicate with discretion and tact required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, required.
Bachelor's degree in a software or development related field of study is required.
1 to 3 years of experience in software and/or web application design or development is required.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.